Unfortunately, all of my work and doctor’s appointments today left me with zero time to do anything this evening. Fortunately, it is guest commentary night and that means that I didn’t have to do much tonight anyway. I don’t really have time to write a big introduction for tonight’s guest, but I don’t really need to do that either. Tonight we have an excellent article written by Common Man. CM often participates here at SUFA and I always value his input. When he sent me this article I was excited about sharing it with all of you. I will be interested in seeing how people react to such a bold statement.
AMERICA IS NO LONGER A REPUBLIC; IT IS A TOTALITARIAN REGIME
Over the course of the last 100 years the citizenry has been focused on work, family, education, and striving to live a life of prosperity, peace and happiness. We, as a whole, did not spend much time studying politics, politicians, and the results. As such, and as one could expect of those drunken from the liquor of power, politicians and the government ran amok.
Personal rights, freedoms and liberty have been stripped away. Laws have been written that violate the Constitution, and unalienable rights, and in some cases even the laws of the Creator.
We are now dealing with a government that has grown powerful enough to ignore its citizens, create laws that restrict freedom, further empower their ideals, and pass Bill’s designed to increase their foundational hold on our society and lifestyle.
The United States of America is no longer a Republic, it is a Totalitarian government:
- We no longer control and direct our government, they direct and control us.
- Although the two parties will argue they are both on opposite ends of the political spectrum, the reality is that they are all bent on achieving the same goals, individual wealth, power and absolute rule.
- Congress creates laws that favor the government and restrict the citizenry.
- The government controls and regulates major industries and the financial market.
- Our boarders are porous and those entering the country illegally are catered too for future support and progressive governmental empathy.
- Unalienable rights are being eliminated
- Taxes and tax laws are formed to strip the working man and woman of their wages to further empower government rule, and discourage entrepreneurial spirit.
- Presidents have unlimited power in the form of “Executive Order”, which is a direct violation of the Constitution. Congress creates and passes laws not the President.
- Our Military are sent to countless countries to topple other governments or invoke revolution that favors our leader’s agenda’s.
- Our public schools are teaching re-written history in an effort to condition our children to a pre-determined order.
- The media is held hostage by a controlling government with threats of censorship or exclusion.
- The “Free Market” is being crushed by tariffs, taxes, fines and regulations.
- Our young people are being educated to believe that the concept of the whole (Socialism) is more important than the liberties of the individual.
- Corporations are being portrayed as evil.
- Our government preaches the sanctity of ‘Global leadership’ and ‘Global law’ verses Constitutional law.
- Instead of investing in our cities and municipalities the government sends our taxes overseas to bailout socialist nations.
- The Federal Reserve is printing money to further finance a growing debt created to feed the governments gluttonous need for power and tyrannical control.
In short, we are being corralled like pigs to the slaughter. So what do we do? How do we turn this government around? And the point here is not to dwell or argue about the issues listed above, it is to define a foundational starting point to change it back to what was initially designed some 200+ years ago.
The answer is complicated, because the problem is complicated. It took over 100 years for the government to get this powerful, and it is now the 1000 pound gorilla setting at our dinner table with a ravenous appetite. There is not enough food on the table for all of us to eat without fear. We need to leave the gorilla alone, let him eat and focus our attention elsewhere.
So, what do we do…fight, flee, quit?
It is fruitless to fight a regime of this size, they would simply crush us, and a revolution is out of the question for the same reason. Leaving is an option; however it may lead us to a country with an even more advanced totalitarian government. And quitting is not an option; after all we are Americans not French.
We need to let the 1000 pound gorilla starve. And we do that by starting over where we have influence, control and a voice in fertile ground: the family and local community.
We start with some basics.
- First study the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, Confederate Papers, State, County and Local laws so that you understand where things currently stand. I know that some out there will argue that the Constitution is incomplete, vague or outdated, but I argue it is a sound foundational instrument for understanding how a Republic should work, and how elected officials should govern. Remember, we cannot change things unless we first no what it is we want that change to look like.
- Educate your children and engage them. Investigate what they learning and what they think. Provide them with the information of a once sovereign country based upon values and individual liberties.
- Get involved, specifically at the local level; preferably at the lowest level possible. That would be your community, village, town, district or city. This is where the individual has the strongest voice, because you are a part of the community and can garner more support from those around you. This means you need to attend monthly meetings and engage your elected/appointed leaders so that you understand what they are proposing, changing, taxing or spending. Most importantly don’t be afraid to tell them NO!
- Read up on and engage your district representative. Schedule a meeting with him/her to discuss his/her objectives and voice your ideals relative to the local community.
- Investigate and get involved with the local school district. Research their curriculum and the content of what they are teaching. If they are presenting information or material that furthers an agenda that undermines Constitutional freedom, object or insist on equal time, and then make your neighbors aware of the issues. I would also suggest that you volunteer at the local school level, so that you stay involved.
- Form a local business leader organization or council to discuss local market, free enterprise and how to attract additional business to the community.
- Get to know your neighbors. Not just those to your immediate right or left, but everyone to some degree throughout the community. You could start a ‘community organizer’ that meets once a month to discuss neighborhood issues, needs, and ideas. Remember a community is stronger than the individual, and in most small communities or cities it is likely that the local officials will want to participate since they are residents as well.
- Volunteer your time and knowledge to local charities and organizations.
- Become active in local Tea Party organization, or start one.
- Support your local business owners and shop keepers, even if it costs a little more than the local mega-marts. It is likely these people are also your neighbors and therefore are more supportive of ideas that benefit the community.
- Step away from the big banks and move your accounts to either local banks or credit unions. You will find that these people depend upon your business as much as you might theirs, verses the big banks where you are just a number.
- Subscribe too and write your local paper.
- Take a poll to garner the thoughts and wishes of the local business owners on how to improve business and community prosperity and present it to the local leaders.
- Run for local office and if elected do it for free, or do it at a 50% discount and have the other 50% donated to a local food bank or charity.
- Join a place of worship and volunteer to help those in the community in need.
- Seek out other communities close to you and coordinate activities and meetings.
- Join local organizations like the American Legion, F.O.E, Moose, VFW, etc and get involved in spreading the word of liberty and freedom.
The reason for all of this is to start anew. Since we cannot kick the 1000 pound gorilla out of the kitchen and trying to eat at the same table is close to suicide, we need to get out of the kitchen and eat somewhere else.
To do this we need to prepare a separate table that eliminates the chances of gorilla intrusion, and the best place is close to home.
We need to start at the local level just like we did 200 + years ago by focusing on the family, neighborhood and community. This will bring liberty, freedom and individual prosperity back at a core foundational level, which will spread.
This is where it is easiest, because as individuals and communities we have far more influence at the local level, even to the point that we can change the entrenched regulations and laws.
It will take time and effort, but it will better ensure our overall longevity and eventually lead to the return of our Republic. History does and can repeat itself, and it can do so for the better.
The key here is to reform or strengthen your immediate community and re-ground those governmental principles so that each and every individual is afforded those rights granted by the Creator and supported by our founding documents. As the foundation strengthens prosperity and liberty, other communities will take notice and begin to follow in your community’s footsteps, escalating to districts, states and maybe even the whole country.
This is really our best hope and the best battle ground for staging a winning agenda. Leave the 1000 pound gorilla in the kitchen where it will eventually run out of food and starve.